Volunteers are Awesome! Volunteers are one of the most valuable assets of our organization. Without you, we could not accomplish all that needs to be done. Pet Placement Center is grateful for the time you can spend with our animals and organization. Thank you for your interest in joining our dynamic volunteer rank!
- PPC accepts service of volunteer’s ages 10-14 with the understanding a parent or guardian volunteer with them the entire time. The activities are restricted to cat areas and landscaping.
- PPC accepts service of volunteer’s ages 15-17 with the understanding their volunteer activities will not include direct interaction with the dogs.
- All volunteers must fill out a volunteer questionnaire and release form prior to volunteering.
Volunteers are required to attend an orientation. Once you fill out the volunteer questionnaire and release form, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set-up a time for the orientation.
- Cat Caretaker: Assist with cleaning/sanitizing the cat colony rooms that include washing floors, walls and windows, sanitizing litter boxes and washing dishes. Socializing the cats and kittens through brushing, playing and cuddling.
- Dog Walker/socializing/kennel cleaning: Our dogs love to go for walks/hikes. Assist with the kennel cleaning including disinfecting floors and walls, washing dishes and folding laundry.
- Off-Site Events: Join the team to assist with dog and cat adoption events or information booth events to introduce the community to our animals and shelter.
- Transporter: Be available to transport a dog or cat to the vet for routine S/N or medical attention.
- Fundraising/Special Projects: Assist with our fundraising events or self fundraise on behalf of Pet Placement Center.
How to Volunteer
First step is to complete our Volunteer Questionnaire and Release Form. Click on the forms below. (Both forms must be filled out before our coordinator can contact you).
Volunteer Release Form
Once the forms are submitted, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set-up an orientation.
Questions may be directed to our Volunteer Coordinator, Fran Geier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pet Placement Center would be happy to accommodate a group event. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss the details.
All content of this web site ©2007-2016 TN Humane Animal League. All Rights Reserved